job hunting...

i know, i know...in my last post i said my schedule was very busy and it is, but i really need something a little more permanent in the way of income so i have applied for 3 jobs, 2 are part time and 1 full time. i have a large college debt to pay off and my day job as an adjunct professor is sometimes suspect if i don;t have enough students sign up for my class.

ya know i really hate job hunting...it takes a lot of time and then you have to interview, i hate interviewing. i know it doesn;t hurt to have a few interviews anyway...i am really bad at interviewing. i get really nervous but lately i have been going in to the interview process with a I CAN DO THIS/I REALLY DON'T NEED THIS JOB attitude. it takes away the nervousness and helps me get through it. it really does work for me...i have been awarded 2 jobs but turned them both down. guess i was looking for something different. just had some bad vibes in the interviews...one was for a summer teaching job and the other was for an art teacher at a public school. glad i didn;t do either one, a friend of mine took the public school job...she was pinked slipped this year due to budget cuts...that really would have made me mad to put in all the time to create lessons, do art on a cart then be cut...

the full time job is for the city as a graphics production operator. a glorified way to say that someone will be making copies for the offices in the building but the pay is good and i am qualified so i decided to go for it.

one of the other jobs is for a reference librarian at the community college i teach at, and i am hoping this one pans out. it would be perfect for my schedule. send good thoughts!!

the other job is part time too at the music center scheduling appointments and other office duties attached to the building at the community college where i work. this would be a good job also.

so keep me in your thoughts....

Comments