Hocus Pocus Card

Okay, I have to confess a love for all things Nightmare Before Christmas and I happen to be in the Barnes and Noble store yesterday and found a coloring book from the movie just in time for Christmas. Well, I had the intention to give the book to my daughter but decided I needed to use the pages for backgrounds!

Supplies used -
page from the Nightmare Before Christmas coloring book
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Carved Pumpkin
Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
Blending tool
Tombow markers - Yellow, Orange, Green
Kraft cardstock
Prickley Pear stamp - Rags
Hocus Pocus tag from Michaels
Lace and trims
Foam tape
Washi Tape


This first photo is the page from the coloring book, I cut it down for a card front then colored it with the markers, after coloring I used the Vintage Photo distress ink to tone down the colors. Then edged it with black ink.


Next, I colored the tag with watered down ink from the green marker over the words, edged the tag with Carved Pumpkin ink and Jet Black ink, used the blending tool and Vintage Photo ink over the whole tag. I then stamped on Rags and decided I wanted him to be more dimensional so I stamped him again on another piece of cardstock and fussy cut him out. Rags the dog was applied with foam tape to the front of the card. The washi tape was added along with the trims.

It was now time to assemble the card. I used foam tape on the color page to attach it to the kraft stock base and used foam tape on the tag for dimension also.

Here is the finished card -


I submitted this card to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge Blog at https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ Check out the blog for great weekly challenges!





Comments