i pledge to buy handmade

just added a button to my blog for http://www.buyhandmade.org/ check it out! i plan to make all my gifts this year...what about you? support an artist in 2007!!

for all the ladies in my family this year they will be getting an altered recipe book, photo journal, or journal. i use old children's books and glue papers to the pages then gesso over the papers and then add waterdowned acrylic paint to the pages. they are then embellished with papers, quotes, recipes, photos, stamps, fibers, etc...i will post some pictures soon.

for the guys, i am not sure just yet what they will be getting....guys gifts for me are hard to come up with. maybe homemade cookies and candies...any suggestions?

Comments

  1. For the guys, how about a framed art piece (abstracts can be masculine). A hand-knit scarf if you live where it's cold. Take a photo of him and fool around with it in Photoshop, then frame. I did that for my nephew one year, sort of an Andy Warhol thing with several different colors/effects. It turned out cool. FWIW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your blog Kelly! I'm going to put a link from mine, as I know alot of my friends will enjoy it too!

    How about a cool tool organizer for the guys? I wrapped gasket material I had stamped, painted on and dyed around several good sized cans, and they work great for pencils, screwdrivers, wrenches to stand up in. you could match jars for the nuts and bolts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been busy! Your site is informative as well as interesting and beautiful! I love your other links too! SO interesting. I'm proud to link you to mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make collaged calendars for the guys on my list. I use old family photos or pages from books they like. I use either recycled calendars or you can get 2008 "photo" calendars at Michaels for $1

    You have some great ideas yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment!