Fall Thanks card

I don't usually do fall but I was inspired to do this card when I found the leaves napkins on clearance recently.  I really liked the pattern and colors which prompted me to design a thank you card.

Sneak Peek of the card -


Supplies -
die cut thanks (about 4) from white cardstock
fall themed napkin
plastic wrap from the kitchen
iron
white cardstock
kraft cardstock
gold embossing powder
Unity small leaf stamp
Versamark ink pad
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink
Tombow marker - brown
Felt leaf
heat tool
foam tape
tombow adhesive
Aleene's quick dry tacky glue

I started by taking my kraft cardstock and Unity leaf stamp and stamping a frame with the Versamark ink along the edge of the card, then using the gold embossing powder heat set it.

I then used the plastic wrap, the napkin, and iron to create the next layer of my card. You will want to pull apart the layers from the napkin, then lay the cardstock on a layer of paper then lay down the plastic wrap then the napkin. Iron the layers together, let cool and cut the cardstock to fit the front of your card, set aside. I then cut 4 "thanks" using the Big Kick and glued them one on top of the other for a dimensional effect and then using the Vintage Photo ink colored them, I used the marker to color the edges, this method gives it a nice rusty looking effect.



 Now its time to assemble the card. I use foam tape to adhere the napkin panel to the front of the kraft card centering it over the embossed edge then using the Tombow adhesive glued the felt leaf to the panel and then used Aleene's quick dry tacky glue for the die cut word.

This card was submitted to the Mod Squad Challenge at http://modsquadchallenge.com/

Comments