Ever wonder what to do with your wood stamps....

Seems like there has been lots of talk lately on what to do with the classic wood stamp. Some people like to leave the rubber on the wood, others take it off then wonder what to do with the wood mount. I decided to take my rubber stamps off the wood for easy storage and access to them. I have put them all in the Avery plastic envelopes by theme with company name and a number. I have also cross-referenced them in an excel sheet and am working on putting them in Evernote. But I digress, what do you do with the wood mounts that are left over after taking off the rubber stamp...I have decided to make a piece of wall art for my studio. Below is a picture of how I might arrange them on a piece of wood. I say might because I have laid them out on a table and will work on them like a puzzle.

I had my hubby cut off the bottom of the wood mounts after I had taken off the rubber, I wasn't concerned if they were all the same height. Here is the first picture of them put together, I will be rearranging them on and off until I like the collage.

I have even thought about painting them but I like the look of the black and white images. I have some blocks that are bare and I want to collage on them and add them to the mix. Eventually, I will use E600 and glue them down to a surface that can be mounted on the wall.

What do you do with your wood mounts?


Comments