Frida Kahlo Project #1000fridas

While browsing Facebook one evening, a friend of mine tagged me about the #1000fridas project and we have decided to play along. For this project, I wanted to show Frida surrounded by flowers. 

Supplies -
6" x 12" canvas panel
acrylic paint in your choice of colors
Frida copy from the internet
napkins with tropical flowers
gel medium gloss
brushes

1. Painted the panel in lime green then torn the images from my napkin


2. I then started placing the images on the canvas and glued them down with gel medium.


3. After I was finished gluing the pieces in place, I started to paint over the images and work paint into the background


5. Here is a close up of parts of the piece


6. I just kept adding layers of paint


7. More layers added To the finished piece.





Comments