Stay Weird Mixed Media Painting

Hello! Today I have a mixed media painting to share with you. I got several little frame kits from a garage sale and I decided to use the wood backings as a base for the painting.

I started with gesso over the board, let it dry then added a coat of bright pink watercolor, then started applying paint in 3 colors - teal, purple and orange. I wanted to have a spot on the painting that looked like it was reflecting light so I added yellow to the mix. I applied the colors with my fingers to blend them without making mud and then would wipe them back with a baby wipe to achieve the luminous colors. Using a stencil that had radiating lines, I pounced some yellow paint through to give it more of a circular feel to the top of the painting.

I then used VersaFine Clair ink to stamp the tree and quote from Lost Coast Designs and added the tiny birds sprinkling a little bit of black embossing powder over the stamped images to create a raised surface. 



This mixed media painting will be added to the Lost Coast Designs Challenge 76 Use Some Words and the Ink Art Designs May Challenge on Facebook.


Comments

  1. wonderful background and colors and love the stamps you used. thanks for joining the lost coast design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! always have fun with LCD stamps.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours and background for this fun tree. Love it. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment!