Beautiful Poppies s4fc143

Hello everyone! Today's challenge is all about Birthdays! Who doesn't like cake and balloons? This challenge post is for the Scrapping4FunChallenge blog Challenge 143.


To create this card, I started with the image from SheepSki Designs Poppies. I love poppies, I have a huge bed of them just outside my window so that I can enjoy them when they bloom. If you know anything about poppies you know they don't keep their flowers very long. I like to have my breakfast out on the porch in the mornings overlooking the poppies.

I was pretty excited to get this image and I was pretty sure how I wanted my poppies to look! First off, I printed my image onto white cardstock in several sizes as I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to use it...as a card or collage, deciding on a card for my mom's birthday.


Using Prisma colored pencils and gamsol, I colored and blended my poppies, then fussy cutting around the edges and using an Exacto knife to trim away the cardstock. I tried several colors of paper and cardstock for the base and finally decided on the purple, it just seemed to go with my poppies the best! I then used Blank Page Muse sentiment stamp Happy Birthday, some gold embossing powder and then Abandoned Coral Distress Ink to color it. I glued the poppies to the patterned paper, added white card to the purple card base with foam tape and added the sentiment with foam tape.


Hope you enjoyed my birthday card, the sponsor of this challenge is SheepSki Designs.








Comments