Poison!

Hello, just in time for Halloween is this collage, Poison! I love the images at Gecko Galz, they are so easy to use and print whenever you want to create a card, mixed media piece or scrapbook page.

To create this collage, I used the following supplies -
Gecko Galz Woman image
Gecko Galz Poison Label
8" x 8" canvas panel
Acrylic paint - red, black
Halloween printed paper
Tim Holtz Halloween words
Small wood stars

To start, paint the background of the canvas with red acrylic paint, then waterdown the black paint and paint over the red. Using a paper towel, blot the black paint off the canvas.




Then cut a strip of patterned paper to go along the bottom of the canvas and glue down with Art Glitter Glue, then place the Woman image on the canvas along with the Poison Label. It took me a couple of tries to find the right placement. Glue onto the canvas.



I then started looking for the perfect words to use. The Tim Holtz Halloween words worked great. I set aside the collage and worked on a few other things because this collage needed something more and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to use...I happened to be digging around in my embellishment box and found these tiny wooden stars. I glued them down and added a bit of Wink of Stella.



I have dripped holes in the top and will add either silk ribbon or wire with beads to hang the collage.

You can find more Gecko Galz art at the links below

Check out more of my work at the following links 
















Comments