S4F Challenge - Merry Christmas Santa Card

Hello! I was invited to create a card for the Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge Blog because I was on the DT team this past year. I was excited to be a part of the this challenge, it was fun and I hope you enjoy my card.

I have to say, I don't do many of the challenges where you are given a sketch to follow, it was hard for me cause I don't do lots of layers and I am never sure if I am supposed to do the lines as layers too! Anyway, I had fun creating my Santa card!

First of all, here is the sketch of the card -



At this point, I have to apologize, I wasn't very diligent in taking process photos because I was so into creating this card and getting it right, so I will walk you through the basics of the card. 

Supplies - 
Santa Stamp - unknown company received as a gift
Tombow markers
Tim Holtz Lace dies
vintage paper lace
Cardstock Warehouse black and kraft cardstock
Ivory card front panel
2 coordinating pattern papers
5" x 7" card and envelope
Tombow tape runner
string
gems
embossing powder

So to start with I basically made all my layers and then assembled the card, I looked through my pattern papers to find ones that I liked and matched, setting those aside, I stamped the Santa on to white cardstock and colored him with Tombow markers and fussy cut him out. 

Then, I used the Tim Holtz Lace die and cut out the lace at the top of the card, dug around in my stash and found the paper lace and then cut the diamond shape from black, kraft, and patterned paper and glued the layers together. 



Found the Merry Christmas sentiment from an older Hero Arts stamp set and used that to stamp onto kraft with VersaFine embossing ink and used white embossing powder to finish off the sentiment, I then cut the strips and glued the layers together. 

Taking the layers, I started to play with the papers to get the right combination of layers and colors to create the background of the card front. The layers were assembled on a kraft cardstock base, then I cut the edges down and attached the string at the top of the card. Then the base was attached to the ivory card front. I added the gems in three places on the card front along with a larger one on the bow. 

The Santa face and sentiment were attached with foam tape to give the card some dimension. 



I really like this card and I am going to give it to my mom-in-law this year. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Check out more of my work at the following links 




















Comments