CS At the Beach!

Hello, I am on the blog today using Clear Scraps awesome pieces to create this At The Beach sign, wish I was at the beach! You can see lots of cool projects on the Clear Scraps blog

Supplies used - 
Crackle glaze medium
StazOn ink
Acrylic paint
Gold embossing powder
Clear embossing powder
Jute
Blue Dew Drops

To start this piece, I gessoed all pieces with white gesso to cover the wood. Then, using the darker blue acrylic paint, paint the entire front of the Clear Scraps wood rectangle, let dry naturally, then brush on the crackle medium and let dry several hours.  


After the crackle medium has dried, use the lighter blue and only brushing paint on in one direction, cover with paint, the more paint you use the bigger the cracks. Using the Stazon Ink, stamp over the dry paint with a bubble stamp.


The letters were dies cuts from a pattern paper and then I cut the letters from sticky back foam and attached the letters to them for some depth. 


First, I painted the seahorse in yellow, then used gold embossing powder over the body of the seahorse masking off the fins and tail along the edges of the body, adding clear embossing powder and some mini-micro beads along the tail area. I wanted the fins to be crusty so as I was melting the clear embossing powder, I added the microbeads. 




Here is the completed sign


Here are some close-ups of the seahorse. I just keep adding embossing powder and beads until I was satisfied with the covering. 



Comments