CS Thankful Pumpkin

Hello, today I am on the blog with Clear Scraps and using their awesome wood products! I decided that I needed a fall sign for my door.

Supplies - 
assorted paints
crackle glaze
sunflowers

To start this project, I painted the pumpkin in green, when dry, I brushed on the crackle glaze and let that dry overnight. 


When the crackle glaze was dry, I painted orange paint over the glaze to get a crackle, the heavier the layer of paint the larger cracks that form. 


Here is a close up of the cracks in the paint. 


Next, I used a stencil and added the word Thankful in dark green paint, the same color is used on the stem of the pumpkin. 


Then, I used gold gesso adding splatters of paint over the entire pumpkin. I added the sunflowers with a bit of hot glue and my pumpkin palette is ready for display!


Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to your creations using Clear Scrap designs. 

Comments