GG Dogs Days of Summer tags

Hello crafty friends!! Today I am on the blog with one of my favorite companies, Gecko Galz. You can find them on Etsy with all kinds of images and papers to use in your art and they have a wonderful blog with monthly free images and challenges. 

Our theme this month was The Dog Days of Summer, I don't know about you but I live in Michigan, and August was considered our dog days; the long hot days of summer were best when we didn't have to bale hay or work in the field and would run around in the sprinkler splashing water all over!

I started my project with watercolor paper cutting it into tag shapes and then used several colors of powdered watercolor to color the fronts. I just sprinkled the powdered watercolor on my work table, spritzed it with water then tapped my tag in the colors. I did this several times and dried it between layers with a hair dryer.

I then cut my images from the She Sells Sea Shells collage sheet and then used several sheets from the summer collection of collage sheets. I then placed them with the women in the back and the shells on top, wash tape was added to the bottom of the tag along with computer-printed words. 





 Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful summer!

Comments