Valentine Love

I am not a hearts and pink kinda gal but when there was a suggestion of doing a Valentine's blog hop, this idea jumped in my head and I couldn't get it out until I started working on it. It is made to hang on the wall and it could be left up year around!

I had to do some shopping, of course, my favorite thing, shopping for art supplies to create projects and there was a buzz in several of my FB groups about a great sale at a local store. So I decided to go and made a great haul on lots of items, although I have to say I was just looking for a paper mache heart and some $60 later...just don't tell my hubby!

You can find all of the great stamps at www.blankpagemuse.com  and get a 15% discount when you use the code BPMDtKelly2019

There is also a product giveaway of approximately $25. Leave a comment and you will be in the drawing.


Supplies used -
Blank Page Muse stamps - Script, vintage old key, and lips
6" x 6" x 2" canvas
Lid from a paper mache heart box
Paint in various pink colors
White card stock
Distress Ink in Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, and Candied Apple
love die cut word
Miscellaneous plant and flower die cuts
Gold watercolor paint
Gem embellishments
Connect glue

To start off the project, I painted the heart box top and the canvas a light pink then used the Blank Page Muse script stamp on the front and sides of the canvas along with the key and lips in various shades of Distress Ink.




I then set this aside to dry and cut out several flowers and plan leaves for use on the background. I painted the papers with the smooshing ink method and when dry cut out the die cuts. I then set these aside.



I cut out 4 of the love words, stacking and gluing them for dimension. Set aside to dry.

Then I decided that the back of the heart top would need something to use to glue down onto the canvas so I drew around the lid and cut out a heart on white cardstock then cut flaps all around the heart and bent them in. I then used a paper towel to fill the heart and insert the cardstock backing and glued it in place.




To assemble the piece I started adding in the die cut plants and flowers around the canvas and then started to glue them in place. I then used the gold watercolor and splattered the whole canvas, then glued down the heart top and added the LOVE word to the front.



Follow me at - 

Flickr

You can find all of the great stamps I used at www.blankpagemuse.com  and get a discount when you use the code BPMDtKelly2019

Please visit the other talented artists in the blog hop at 

It's Oddly Appealing

Matter of Crafts

Kelly Parker Designs - You are Here

Comments

  1. Love the color combinations and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way unfortunately the link to my blog is wrong (my fault). Can you please update a Fine How do you do to: https://afinehowdoyoudo.wordpress.com/2019/02/14/valentine-hearts/ Sorry!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome project - so dimensional! Thanks for being part of the hop! 💞

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful canvas. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much love and detail went into your project. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvas and perfect for Valentine's Day. Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those die cuts are so pretty and gold splatter, well I just love me some splatter on projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you all for stopping by! i will post a blog winner in the next week and email you. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The winner is Cathy Potosky!! pm me your address, thank you for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment!