When it rains...

Just thought I would join the Simon Says: Play with Paint Challenge for March! I love playing with paint. Acrylic paint has so many possibilities and can be used in so many ways.

This is a 5" x 7" mixed media piece I created.

Supplies -
white cardstock
Purple, Fuchsia, and Orange paint
Silhouette from a catalog
White gel pen
Black sharpie
Blank Page Muse Script Stamp
Blank Page Muse Quote Stamp - Some people feel the rain, others just get wet
Cosmetic sponge
Brush and water to splatter
Ranger Archival Jet Black ink
White embossing powder
Heat Tool
Versamark ink pad

I cut down a piece of what cardstock to 5" x 7" and then gessoed the front of it. I then painted it with purple and fuschia paint, just in random brush strokes to cover the base. I then cut out the woman image (mask) from a clothing catalog and laid it over the background and using the cosmetic sponge applied the orange paint leaving some of the paint underneath to peek through.

I then use the Blank Page Muse Script stamp with fuchsia ink and then splattered the orange background with purple paint and then the silhouette with orange paint. Taking the white gel pen and outlining the edges of the woman and the whole piece. I then decided it needed to be outlined in black sharpie also to make it more visible, the outer edges of the card were also sponged in black ink.

Then using the Versamark ink pad, I stamped the quote from Blank Page Muse and embossed it in white.
#sssmchallenge

Comments

  1. What a wonderful page, the silhouette is lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment!