GG Altered Spoons

Hello! Today, I have a really cool project for Gecko Galz April Challenge Springs' Muse, I hope you like it. It was a fun project and I used several different mixed media items and embellishments to create these altered spoons.

To start this project, I had to search a few antique shops to get some spoons, I then used alcohol ink to color them; I realized a little bit of ink goes a long way!
Here are the spoons before ink, I didn't clean then, just used it like it was; then just after ink in the drying stage. 



At this point, they are pretty bland and I wanted a bit more shine and glitz to the spoons, so I used my gold foil and while the ink was still slightly wet, I applied the foil and pulled it off to leave traces of gold bits.


After the foiling, I started to pull together the elements I wanted to use to finish the spoons such as small flowers, Dew Drops, wood love word, microbeads, Gecko Galz images from the Her Beautiful Colors collage sheet and the Beautiful Girls Jewelry Set

I started by cutting down the images to fit inside the spoon, inking the cut edges with Archival ink and then gluing them to the spoon base. 

Then used embossing powder in gold on the wood love word, and glued microbeads around the edges of the spoon, and drilled a hole in the top of the spoon to hang it. 



Thanks for stopping by!



Check out more of my work at the following links 


Comments