CS Thank you Album using paper napkins

 Hello crafty friends, I am on the blog today with Clear Scraps creating a thank you wood card album using paint and paper napkins. 


To start this project, I used some Art Anthology paint, this paint has the consistency of a gel and goes on transparent. I wanted to be able to see the wood grain through the paint, had I used regular acrylic paint it would have been too opaque. 


Here are the covers finished, you can see the wood grain through the paint. Next, I dug around in my napkin stash, which is pretty extensive, and found the perfect design for my cover both front and back. 
Taking a brush and some water, I drew around the area I wanted to use and then tore it out while still wet. Using this method allows for a more feathery edge when gluing the image to the covers. Separate all of the layers using just the top layer on your project. 

I then used a bit of white glue on the back of the napkin pieces and applied them to the covers. You need to be a bit careful as the napkin is very fragile. 

I then used some jute to attach the front and back covers. 



Thank you for stopping by and check out Clear Scraps for all your fun project needs!!












Comments