SG Run Towards Your Dreams


 Hello, I am part of the Self Portrait Collaboration with Tina Walker using Stencil Girl Stencils

To create my self-portrait, I started with a piece of cardboard from a cereal box cut to 6" x 6", I gessoed the piece then added a layer of collage papers from old book pages, stickers from labels, and more, then a layer of paint using a blue, pink, and light green. 

When this was dry, I stenciled the Create Face stencil in black over my collage and added a hairline. I then used the Soulful Scribbles Let Go stencil along the edges of my face with gold and orange paint very lightly with a sponge, let dry.

I then decided to add some words as this was made on January 1, 2022. I wanted something to use to look forward to! I added with an alphabet rubber stamp set the words, Run Towards Your Dreams. 

I am looking forward to 2022 and all it brings this year. I am most excited to be taking early retirement at the end of this year! I can't wait to have more time to make art!


Thanks for stopping by!!


Comments